1.30.2011

My Normal

As I was on my way to church this morning, a thought crossed my mind.

"Going to church on a regular basis is my 'normal'".

So, how did it become my normal? Obviously the answer to that question is that it became my normal because I was raised in the church.

I could not imagine NOT attending Sunday morning services on a regular basis. Once that thought crossed my mind, I got to thinking. Do I just attend church on a regular basis, because I'm afraid of the disappointment I'd face from my mom and dad, or do I attend church on a regular basis because it is my normal?

Honestly, I don't know the answer to that question right now and it saddens me. I want to be secure in myself, knowing that I attend church for God and because it is the right thing to do because I want to go to heaven.

Oh, the thinking I need to do.

Why do you attend church?

In Him,
Cherish

No comments:

Post a Comment