11.28.2010

I'm blogging this late because, I can't sleep. Go figure. I know I have been slacking on my "thankful" blogs, so here I go trying to make up one.

Today, I am thankful for the innocence of a child. I was reading on a friends tumblr and I came over a blog which were of notes that children had written to God. Here are a few.






















I got to spend a lot of time with my cousin Nataliee this weekend. If you haven't read previous blogs before, Nataliee is my 2 1/2 year old cousin who I consider a little sister. After seeing these little notes, I was reminded of Nataliee's innocence. You see, Nataliee has a little habit of saying a bad word in Spanish and every time she says it she gets in trouble. In her little mind, she has no idea what that word means and doesn't understand that it is a really bad word. She does say "That's a bad word" after she says it but still she has no idea what any of it means. To us, if you heard someone saying a "bad word", you would correct them and say "No, that isn't right" or "Would you talk like that in front of your Mama?", but to Nataliee and other younger children, it's just another everyday word because they don't know the meaning of that. Which brings me to my next point. I would give almost anything to be young and innocent again. To not have to worry about homework, work, expenses, paying rent, or making important decisions. I really miss being little.

What about you??

In Him,
Cherish

Listen To >> Incompatible by Natasha Bedingfield

No comments:

Post a Comment