2.12.2011

Pet Peeves

Everyone has a few pet peeves of their own. It may be silly little things like - smacking when you eat or spitting on the sidewalk (one of mine).

I have silly little ones like that, but I also have one that is a lot more serious. I absolutely hate it when someone takes God's name in vain! I noticed here lately that I have several friends who do and while I haven't said anything to them about it, I'd like too. I don't see how someone can say it! Okay, well maybe I could if someone didn't know God or never really had Christianity in their life, but for someone who does know God and for someone who is a Christian to say God's name in vain, drives me mad!

In Exodus 20:17, it says "You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain." Does this scripture alone not make you think? Why would you take someones name in vain who sent his ONE and ONLY son to die on the cross for you and your sins? I can't even bear to think of doing that. Although, I guess it goes hand in hand with other sins, such as lying or stealing. I know I have my faults as a Christian and I am working on them, but this particular sin just urks me!

Matthew 15:11 says: "Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man".

In my mind, saying the Lord's name in vain is the exact same thing as cussing or swearing. Either way, filth is coming out of your mouth.

What do you think?

On a mission for God,
Cherish

No comments:

Post a Comment