10.10.2011

Amen! Amen! Amen!

I have so many thoughts running through my mind right now! No worries, they're all happy! This won't be a depressing, ranting, "Cherish, quit complaining" blog tonight!

Okay, so first thought:

I know I've mentioned in previous blogs how I love the way a child's mind works which could partially be the reason for my chosen major. In particular, I love the way a toddler's mind works. Sunday morning at church I was sitting by my mom and my 3 year old ridiculously adorable cousin Nataliee and paying attention to the sermon (of course). Nataliee's at this stage where she wants you draw for her, a lot. Usually the object she wants you to draw ranges from a princess to a spider or a turtle. This Sunday, Mom was doing that for her, but then Nataliee said, "draw God". I looked over at mom and she looked back at me with a look that basically said "How in the world do I do that?" I was anxious to see what Mom was going to think up. I turned my attention back to the sermon and about 10 seconds later looked over to see what Mom drew. This is what I saw:


*disclaimer: this is not Mom's actual drawing.

Mom couldn't have portrayed it better with one single picture. After drawing this, she explained to Nataliee: God is in our hearts. Then Nataliee relplied: "draw Jesus." Can you guess how Mom drew that one? The same way but with Jesus' name in the heart. I've said it 1,000 times before and I'll say it again: The way a child's mind works and wants a visual portrait of God is so adorable.


Second thought:

I have a family member who has been struggling for a while with several things life has thrown at them. Basically for almost 3 years. It's been a rough three years for this person and this person has now seen the mercy, love and power of God. Things are going so well for this person right now and they aren't crediting themselves - they're crediting God. After I spoke with this person tonight, my heart was leaping for joy to hear how God was working in their life and how awesome they are doing after they've prayed, I've prayed, and how basically the whole family has prayed for the last 3 years! So God, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ANSWERED PRAYERS! YOU ARE AWESOME AND SO GOOD TO US!

How's life treating you?

-Cherish

No comments:

Post a Comment