6.10.2012

So much to say...

It's been a good while since I blogged.
I just got back from a week of church camp out at Camp Lu-Jo. It was life changing, exhilarating, and everything I needed. During the week so many topics to blog about popped into my mind but I didn't write them down so I can't remember everything. I'm going to try to remember everything so this blog might be a little bit of a rambler. Sorry, in advance.

1.) I learned so much this past week. I honestly didn't expect to take much away because I'm not a camper. But boy, I could not have been more wrong! God seriously "messed" with me this past week in ways I didn't think possible. I'm so excited to see what He has in store me.

2.) We may not realize it, but we "plant seeds" in everything we do. These seeds can be good or bad. Either way, we are going to reap what we sow. So, why not "plant seeds" that are good? Invite a friend to church or simply smile at someone. I heard so many stories this past week about seeds that were planted and how they completely turned someone's life around. I want to do that for someone. I WANT to help someone turn their life around. I already have a few seeds I'm ready to plant and I can't wait to see how they turn out.

3.) Where there is struggle, there is life. There is always going to be some sort of struggle going on in our lives. Whether is be something little like a money situation and your bank account is overdrawn $10 or something big like you lost someone who meant a lot to you. God doesn't promise that there will not be struggles in our lives, but He does promise to get you through them. We have to remember that we are not alone in our struggles and someone out there is or has gone through he same thing.

4.) Galatians 6:9 - Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Enough said.)

5.) Sow a thought ~ reap an action. Sow an action ~ reap a habit. Sow a habit ~ reap a character. Sow character ~ reap a destiny. (What do you think about this?)

6.) Sin separates us from God! Sin is an everyday struggle for every single person on this planet. No one is perfect.

7.) Proverbs 31:30 - Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. (A girl mentioned this verse in one our devos. I've heard it before but I fell in love with it all over again.)

8.) I jotted down this thought during quiet time in one of our class sessions. I'm not really sure if it makes much sense but I liked it at the time. (Lord, make me weak for You!)

That's all I have for now. Questions? Comments? Leave them down below!

Keep the Faith,
Cherish

No comments:

Post a Comment