11.08.2011

The Desires of Your Heart.

Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4 
How do you interpret this verse? Do you think this means if you're following God you're going to get anything you want? Hardly. This verse isn't God telling you to follow Him or to get close to Him to get that car or that boy. It simply does not work like that and I think we, as humans, forget that sometimes. I know I'm guilty. This verse doesn't stand as rules for a trade off with God. Our faith doesn't work like that. God wants us to be so wrapped in Him that we lose sight of everything else. In today's society, it's very difficult.  God promises us the desires of our hearts. We think we know the desires of our hearts, but we really don't. God knows them on a MUCH deeper level. We may think we want to be in relationship with 'that boy'. We may think we desire that, but deep down we know it isn't what would be right for us. That boy may be someone who would completely pull us away from God. Do you really think God wants us to have a relationship like that? ABSOLUTELY NOT! My preacher's wife from back home told me of a example her mother used to use on her. She said her mother used to make her stand on a chair. Her mother would tug at her arm and naturally the girl on the chair would stumble and either almost fall of the chair or completely fall off. Then her mom would have her stand back on the chair and her mom would be on the ground and she would say "okay, pull me up there with you." Which one was more difficult? I hope you said pulling her mom up. This example she used is perfect for dating life. If you date someone who is not a Christian, it is going to be easier for them to pull you down that it will be for you to pull them up. I'm not saying it's impossible for you to pull them up, because it does happen and I've seen it happen in relationships, it's just 10X as harder. I'm guilty of wanting a relationship that wouldn't of been God sent. No matter how bad I wanted this relationship, I knew it wasn't going to work because I know the type of guy God wants to me to be with. I would of been pulled down from the chair. Relationships are meant to be Christ-centered. That's why God created them. Sex is made to be kept for marriage. That's why God created it. It was a gift from God. These last few statements weren't to judge you or anyone. Every sin is equal with the exclusion of blasphemy - but that's another blog in itself. Most of the stuff is for me to remember. If you haven't found that relationship with that special someone - give it time. God knows what He's doing. He's got this in the bag. Trust me, you WANT a CHRIST-CENTERED relationship. 
 Pray for your future mate.
-Cherish  

No comments:

Post a Comment