7.31.2011

You Can Pick Your Nose, You Can Pick Your Friends...but You Can't Pick Your Friend's Nose.

I like to feel like I have a wide variety of friends. I have been thinking about friends a lot lately. Now, I've made a few bad decisions in friends - but I've mainly made good decisions. According to the dictionary a friend is
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. 
I have friends who I am so very lucky to have. I've been through troubling times with some of them where we haven't spoken and it took us a little while to earn trust back. I like to believe that I'm in a good place right now in my life with friends. 
Let's just put it this way - friends are the people who help to mold you. The people you hang out with are going to be the people whom you are like. So if you're hanging out with great Godly people - chances are it'll make you strive to be great and Godly as well. But, if you're hanging out with people who have no morals and have hideous souls, you WILL turn out like them!

"Do not be deceived: 'Evil company corrupts good habits.'" - 1 Corinthians 15:33
This scripture is so true. I've experienced it myself and I'm sure many of you have too. 

"And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it." - 1 Corinthians 12:26
While this scripture is talking about the members of a church - it can also be used for friends. If your friend is suffering, you should suffer with her. Not necessarily the same kind of suffer - but still feel pain for her and be there for her. If she has had a triumph - you should be glad and help her celebrate.

Which brings me to my next thing ---
Some of you may know my very good friend, Alana. Alana's father Jeff was recently diagnosed with cancer. Alana and her family are very dear to my heart and I love them to death. I'm asking that you please pray for them and pray for Jeff's quick healing. Also, if you go to church, please put them on your church prayer list. It's greatly appreciated.

~Cherish

No comments:

Post a Comment