6.05.2013

Re-discovering the Word.

Do you ever have that "aha" moment when a scripture finally clicks in your head. Either someone explains it to you very well or you've read it enough times that it's finally had time to reveal itself to you? I did on Sunday. Sunday morning the preacher spoke on 1 Corinthians 9:19-24. It says:


19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it. 24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

I highlighted the verses that really get me. 

In this passage, he's saying he made himself a SLAVE to those who didn't know Christ. He did this to show the love of Christ and to lead more people to the gospel. He was with the Jews, so he became a Jew. He made himself weak for the weak. He put himself in someone else's shoes to be like them and "understand their side of things". He did this to lead more to Christ. He didn't frown on these people nor turn away. He took his faith a step further and made himself like those he was trying to save. He became all things to men to save them. What a great example of the love of Christ and how to be a true leader and follower. 

What are your thoughts? 

Keep the faith, 
Cherish

No comments:

Post a Comment