10.21.2010

Oh, Fall Break.

"You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love." -Galatians 5:13

I used this verse today in a speech I gave for my Speech class. This verse says a lot to me. I am constantly struggling to improve my relationship with God. I have my highs and my lows, or as my mom would say my highs are when I'm "high on God". I have come to realize the only times that I am truly "high on God". These times are when I am at or have just come from Camp Lu-Jo or when I am hanging out with my Christian friends. These are the times when I am truly happy with who I am. I am constantly wanting to improve my relationship with God, which is definitely not a bad thing, but this verse is also telling me I need to serve others by helping them get closer with God. That's just thing, how do you bring up God in a casual conversation? If you got the answer, comment on this post.

So, it's Fall Break and I am going to not only use this time to work on school work and catch up with sleep but also to try to improve my relationship with God.

Won't you join me?

In Him,
Cherish

1 comment: